This article is about the advantages of potassium polyacrylate for flowers.
Important points to flowers
Water is the most important thing to plants. Give the flowers some water regularly, or they will wilt.
Flower won’t grow well in poor soil.
- Most flower thrive in soils that are neutral, with a pH value of 7, or slightly acidic;
- Sandy soil is lack of water/nutrient retaining ability.
- Silt/clay soil is lack of air which is bad for roots.
What is potassium polyacrylate
Potassium polyacrylate is environmental protection material.
- It can absorb hundreds time its weight water and become a water gel form.
- When it’s drought, water gel can release water back to plants and become the particle form again.
- Potassium polyacrylate can be workable in soil for months. (some improve type can be available for years.)
Advantages of potassium polyacrylate for flower
- Just like a “mini-reservoirs”, it can continuously supply water to flower;
- It can regulate PH value;
- It can increase the water retaining ability to reduce the water/nutrient erosion;
- It can release the fertilizer efficiency slowly;
- Loose soil. Potassium polyacrylate will swell/shrink when absorbing/releasing water.
>> Further Reading: How to choose Potassium Polyacrylate