This article is about water retention gel for plants, water retention gardening gel, water retention crystals for plants.
Water Retention Gel/Crystal for Plants (What is it?)
- It is a non-toxic environmental protection material with granule appearance;
- It can absorb lots of water;
- After absorbing, it become a water gel form.;
- Water gel would release water to plants when it’s drought;
- After releasing, water gel would become granule form and could absorb water again for plants.
Applications (where to use?)
To improve seed germination & emergence, give plants an early, health start.
To improve the drought resistance and increase the yield.
Fruiter: increase the yield and reduce the fruit cracking rate;
Young or transplanted trees: increase the survival rate.
For Landscape & Golf Grass
To control the cost by reducing irrigation frequency.
How Does It work?
It can absorb and store water for plants — just like a mini-reservoir.
1. improve the water retention of soil;
2. keep soil warm (as water’s high heat capacity);
3. loosen the soil (water retention gel’s going to swell while absorbing water).
1. It contains potassium;
2. It can release the fertilizer efficiency slowly.
How to use?
1. Use for crops
2. Use for trees
Water Holding Capacity Test?
Performance Study in varying soil classifications.
Sample Volumes Used
Soil:500ml; Water:750ml; PackRain: 5 grams.
|Sample||Type||% Sand||% Silt||% Clay||Control weight （g）||w/PackRain （g）|
|Type||Test||Water passing （ml）||Water retaining (ml)||% retained||% increase|
|Silt Loam||control||275||475||63. 3||–|
|Clay Loam||control||352||398||53. 1||–|